Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have any pictures of how they have their sleep cage set up? I've ordered one for Gracie and need a few ideas. :grey tiel:

I did want to put a rope perch in there but I can't find any natural ones. Do you know of any? If not, are the cotton ones fine? She does have kind of pointy nails -- not long, just sharp, so I'm wondering if it'd snag or anything.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
sleep cage

I see you posted a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been on the forum for a while so I hadn't seen it until now. Bennie sleeps in his regular cage. He has a 12-hour Avi-sun lamp set to turn off about 7:30 PM. It's cute, once his light turns off he seems to realize it's "bed-time." I leave his cage door open and cage uncovered for about 1/2 hour after the light goes out. (trying to imitate sundown, twilight) But he usually stays in his cage after lights-out.
That seems to work fine for him.
As far as cotton rope perches...Bennie has 2. They are tightly woven, but if they get worn, they can snag a bird's claws. Can you clip the tips or you bird's claws so they aren't so pointy? Bennie's about due for a trim; I just hate to do it because he hates it.
I don't know of "natural" rope perches. Do you mean something like sisal? That's kind of prickly and irritate the bird's feet.
Hope this info was helpful.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can very tightly wrap rope perches with vet wrap. The main concern with rope perches is parrots ingesting the cotton.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts