Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Your Cockatiels Bedtime

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  blessedaviary 
#1 ·
When Cookie was a baby she developed a horrible habit of screaming almost constantly. It was a really grating sound and it was driving me insane but i managed to stop it completely just by putting her to bed earlier. I get her into her cage and covered by 9pm most nights (some i lose track of the time) and i find that she's a lot brighter and happier and no more screaming of course. :p Bailee goes to bed at the same time as her and he is always awake bright and early serenading her with his adorably annoying whistles and dance moves.

What time do your tiels get put to bed? Have you, like me, found that they're not so grumpy and moody when you put them to bed earlier? Or do you have night owls? ;)

#4 ·
Hmm...

Diego and Disney go to bed whenever i do, and wake up on their own lol. My computer is in my room, and i like to be on msn or various forums so i stay up late :( Most times i cover the cages around 10:30pm-11pm... but im still awake and at my computer desk. Then i will sleep in (on summer holidays)... usually past 10am, and they are awake, but quiet. Diego usually whistles once i get out of bed, and thats when Disney will start strecthing and getting ready to come out of their cages for a bit

Kirby :)

#6 ·
Mine has a really odd schedule and it seems to work well for her. I work nights and I am not home until about 12am so she wakes up from her nap then and we spend some time toghether. I then put her to bed by 2:30am the latest and we wake back up around 12pm the next day. It's worked so far and I too found that she screams less when I put her to bed earlier. I don't go to sleep until maybe 4am sometimes but she's in bed before me now.

#7 ·
mine usually go to bed when I do so that varies at times but I try to be consistent and make sure they get enough sleep there not early risers so i just get them up after I am up and about and get the kids going then they come out and spend time with the family so far and its only been almost 7 wks they are fairly flexable and I haven't had any problems

#10 ·
I TRY and have then covered by 11pm or so but i usually don't remember until i actually go to bed which is usually around 11pm-1am. Depends how tired i am lol. And I am usually up before 11. But if they have had a late night i leave the cage covered for them fro a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.