Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cockatiels in the wild are amazing! Check out the video I took of this beautiful wild pair in Australia in 2008. I am going back and forum members are welcome to come with me if you like! Check it out here: www.aviandiscoverytours.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VS0aUOw5as

If you have been to see cockatiels in the wild I would love to hear about your adventure!

J

·
0 Posts
Awesome.... I see many Rascal's in that vid! Lucky you.... I wish I could go to Aussie but I couldn't bring my tiel... I heavily looked into it as I was going to move there eventually but it's impossible to import tiels to Aussie even if they are registered "service animal" I tried everything! =(

I had to google to see what "polytelis' is. :blush:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Very cool! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to admit that what REALLY caught my eye was your user name (polytelis) and avatar.
thanks so much. Yes the avatar is actually a still shot from my video on wild Princess I shot in 2008! The video series has sold really well. Its 4 DVD of all of the parrots of Australia (except night parrot).

Be fun to have some Princess parrot owners on our trip for sure even though this trip doesnt cover a princess excursion since they live in such remote areas.
www.aviandiscoverytours.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome.... I see many Rascal's in that vid! Lucky you.... I wish I could go to Aussie but I couldn't bring my tiel... I heavily looked into it as I was going to move there eventually but it's impossible to import tiels to Aussie even if they are registered "service animal" I tried everything! =(

I had to google to see what "polytelis' is. :blush:
Loved how you were thinking "service animal" I like folks that think outside the box. LOL. Yep maybe you could get someone to look after your beautiful tiel for a couple weeks and come see them in the wild. Fun for sure!

They fly so so fast in the wild!

Thanks for all of your comments.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish I had a bigger house, I would love Bikbok to be able to fly and glide in a large space like those wild ones. He flys **** fast round the room, and can hovver like a hummingbird and do a 180 turn mid flight.
Australia is great, visited several times when I was young, I rmemeber the wild lorikeets were very friendly. Never saw any cockatiels but we didnt go to the interior.

J

·
0 Posts
Loved how you were thinking "service animal" I like folks that think outside the box. LOL. Yep maybe you could get someone to look after your beautiful tiel for a couple weeks and come see them in the wild. Fun for sure!

They fly so so fast in the wild!

Thanks for all of your comments.
I would totally love to do that one day... when I can afford it that is. I'm working on it that is for sure ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
How lovely to see them in the wild, I look at my cockatiel and think about what they're like in the wild!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts