Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Food and water is done every day, but that should be obvious. ;)
LOL- yes, hopefully.:rolleyes:

_________
OK, here's mine.
Everyday I change their tray and lay down new papertowel. I like to do that because I have so many (8 budgies and a tiel), and that way I check to make sure everyone's "business" looks normal.
Every couple of days I wipe down the cages (vinegar and hot water), clean the grates, wipe down the perches, toys, refill any cuttle bone, lava rock, mineral blocks (they tend to go through them fast)...
Every week everyone comes out to play and I do a deeper cleaning, change or wash the plastic mats under their cage (poop and carpet don't mix well).
Every month or two I do a really DEEP cleaning and everything and everyone comes out.:)

EDIT: I also vacuum their area DAILY since they LOVE to throw food everywhere...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Can't be a girl thing, Cookie is a girl! :p I make it harder for them by measuring their seed. If they wanted to chuck things everywhere they would have to take a beakful, and go to great effort to toss it from the seed bowl.
Cookie is special.lol :p
Mine gets a certain amount of seed and pellets everyday but she still tosses some. She doesn't like sunflowers and tends to throw those..also she acctually takes her veggies after she's done with it and goes to the edge of the cage, drops them, watches them fall, tweeps and goes for more.(strange child:rolleyes:) I don't really mind that she finds her food fun as long as she's eating it as well. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts