Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so buttercup isn't as well as the vet told me she is. Her urine is bright yellow! I have a vet appointment for tomorrow which I'm praying I can get to on time since its cutting it close to when my partner finishes work and he needs to drop me. Wondering if anyone knows what it could be though? Trying to figure out how much it'll cost me and such. I'm thinking bacterial infection since she's so young I find it hard to believe it'd be kidney disease. Darla probably has it too :(

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good luck with the vet visit, I hope you can get things all sorted out for her. I'll say a little prayer for her!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys the vet said it's probably a uti and she would fight it off on her own. I got her to give me some antibiotics in case she doesn't fight it off alone though.
I'm a little iffy since she couldn't give me a definite diagnosis though..

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah exactly. I'm not giving her the antibiotics yet, I was told to wait and see if it goes away on its own and if it doesn't then give her the meds.. The more I think about the vet appointment the more I doubt if the vet was right though. My birds seem lively and happy apart from the yellow urine but some of the stuff the vet said didn't make a lot of sense. I am a worrier though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts