Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to post our progress!

Baby we have known her since she hatched and visited her every week till she came home. Now she is just a little over 6 months old and is the love of my life lol. She is the sweetest little thing for me. She could not be any more perfect she has the personality looks and attitude I wanted. She is my Velcro baby and it's what I was hoping for. If you read my other post she got hurt and I'm bummed out she has to be in to heal a little. I really miss her and I never knew I could have sooooo much love for a feathered little. I honestly love her as much as my kids no joke lol.

Anyways I swear she will be the small % of females who talk, she makes all kinds of noises and tries to mimic us at times( she was dnad female) one day I will get it on video. She is just too funny her life goal is to get her ball to the top of the ladder and than who know what she has only done so once than dropped the ball. Haha I'm sure I'm not alone on that one. Also in the last month she started putting her head down for scratches instead of kisses on the face/beak that must be a big bird thing?

Ok so,I'm moving on to Marty
I was told he needed a lot of work and he's owner went to a nursing home. Really with him we had no idea what we were doing. Well he is a success story so far. He hated hands and touch before. Now he is eager to step up and wants scritches from hands and faces. He is very hesitant with fingers and hands still but if you spend a few mins and show him your hand gives him live he will de,and it and bully your hand into scritches lol. He has come such a long way from the bird we couldn't even hold to the the bird who can't be apart from us. He has had an amazing transformation from when we got him 6 months ago and we are so great full to,have his silliness in our lives. Shame on the bird store for,saying he was a lot of work he just needed our love

·
Registered
786 Posts
What wonderful news :) They both sound adorable- I can hear the joy you have for them both...Baby sounds so sweet- don't you love the Velcro kids? Marty sounds like a precious little thing! Sometimes love is all they need, and apparently he found that with you... so happy for you :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I think that's true of many rescue birds. One of my girls was actually going to be euthanized before I took her to foster because she was so terrified of humans that she would hurt herself on a daily basis. I just gave her a lot of time and space, and three months later, she had turned into a total cuddle bug. (I didn't even do any taming with treats, she made the decision that she wanted to interact with me entirely on her own.) I do wish people would stop making rescue birds out to be terribly hard to work with or "not nice."

Anyway, it sounds like your babies are doing great. You should be really proud of them and yourself!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think you have a big heart and made just enough room there for your birdies to find love and trust. It is so nice when things work out like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts