Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's windy today and I just looked out the window and this large bird was sailing/gliding effortlessly in the air flying without ever flapping his wings at all... he seemed to really enjoy it... coolest thing to watch a bird flying without flapping their wings..... just gliding with the wind.

I then found this video of people hang gliding... I would love to try that but I would end up accidentally killing myself. What are those fumes coming from the apparatus? Is has an engine on it? Those people doing same thing this bird was :)

https://youtu.be/S2b4IL1or7I

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
to fly like that

Oh, I agree! I have seen eagles and other birds of prey soaring and apparently "playing" with the wind! I think I'd make a lousy eagle though; I,m afraid of heights! I can see me clinging on to a branch, afraid to let go. Maybe it would be a lot different if I knew I could fly.
Every time I see an eagle it reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses: "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That is soooo not for me...lol the fumes are just what we always called 'smoke' (it isn't really, it's like a water vapor I think) at air shows. It's just decorative and it's the same as what the precision flying teams ( snow birds, blue angels etc) draw the designs in the sky with.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to try it but I would pee my pants. :p

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
You guys need to check out "parahawking" on YouTube! Amazing stuff :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys need to check out "parahawking" on YouTube! Amazing stuff :D
Wow that is really cool!

I just watched this video of parahawking:

https://youtu.be/aDG9jXvXhyQ

What was that hawk trying to eat on the ground at end of video? An orange? Almost looks like a plastic ball. I love watching birds fly and glide in the sky.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
fly like this

That's pretty cool! I saw a neat segment on TV once about a man who had an eagle that had lost one wing (gunshot, I think ! :( ) Anyway, he was hang glider and took the eagle flying with him! He had it in a harness and it seemed to enjoy the ride, looking all around as they flew. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's pretty cool! I saw a neat segment on TV once about a man who had an eagle that had lost one wing (gunshot, I think ! :( ) Anyway, he was hang glider and took the eagle flying with him! He had it in a harness and it seemed to enjoy the ride, looking all around as they flew. :)
Oh how cute... so the bird was able to still feel what it's like to fly :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts