Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
every time my cockatiel tried to poop this morning, nothing would come out and she had a bit of poop stuck on her vent, so I put her in warm water to try to get it off but I don't think it came off, but I can't see if it is still there now because her feathers have covered over the vent.
But now she does poop kinda but they are not normal, they are really watery with white dots in them, no solid part.
But she is not acting out of character, she is really energetic and chirpy like always.
She is on a seed diet, with some vegetables every now and again.
But I am just really worried about the poop, I cant take her to a vet until this afternoon but if it is serious what do I need to do until then? Should I take her to a vet this afternoon?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
She seems constipated. You need to keep her vent clean of poop so it doesn't coat the vent, preventing more poop from coming

·
Registered
519 Posts
You could put her on vegetables every day and fruit if she will take it. Birdie is on seed only because she won't touch pellets, but she gets mixed veg every day. I also would suggest some probiotics for a few days to give her 'good' bacteria , this works well when Birdie's dropping get too watery.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Oh, also she needs more water. If she won't drink a lot, iceberg lettuce is acceptable too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts