Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a few days since I had my booth at the Winnipeg Pet Show (Held on October 24th and 25th). I had a blast and the three birds I brought - Mindwipe, Redshift and Eclipse - did fantastic. Redshift was really nervous at first, but after the first 4 hours he was an old pro at putting up with the weird people staring at him LOL! There were a ton of vendors, with the two bird breeders beside me having macaws, greys, a Major Mitchell cockatoo, sun conures, finches and budgies! I was fascinated with the finches as I used to have a pair of Zebra Finches about 10 years ago.

While I didn't sell any art, I had a bunch of people show interest in my art and getting some commissions done. I also advertised Eclipse as available for adoption. Had a bunch of people show interest in him :)

Notes for next year, if I decide to go that route, include getting a sign made to hang on the curtains and to GET A BIGGER TABLE.

And now for Pix!

Here's me and my ugly mug, heeheee:

IMG_2850 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

The Sun Conures:

IMG_2845 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

My table (Ignore my brother reading the paper. It was pre-show and he was killing time):

IMG_2838 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Aaaaand the cockatiels in the booth next to me:

IMG_2841 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Like I said - it was a lot of fun, even if I had to sit there for 8 hours for 2 days :) Big crowd and I couldn't be prouder of my fids for doing so well!!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Glad you had a good time - and glad the fids were OK! It's a credit to you that they're so well adjusted and can cope with these challenging situations :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
And not a kennel in sight lol
Well done! I hope you get some commissions out of the show but if you don't It's a great way to meet people. And well done fids!

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Bird shows are so much fun. I went to my 1st a few months ago. I'll definitely go to the one next year. Glad you had fun :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts