Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

The other day my husband and I took our Cockatiel to the local pet store that sells all kinds of birds to get his wings clipped. He is distant now. He shows interest in getting out of his cage but does not want a human hand to do it. He will sit and play on his play-station but does not move around too much. Tonight when my husband tried to put him on my shoulder to sit for a while with me while I played an online game he tried to fly and a feather came off, he did not make a noise though. I am guessing he is not hurt? We left him out a lot today and spent more time with him but he does not want to be touched. I am so heartbroken. I want to earn my baby's trust back. Please help. Any thoughts appreciated. God bless.
:confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recently clipped one of my tiels wings also, and I totally feel your disappointment. Chloe had her wings clipped and was in a strange, almost sad mood for a few days (we clipped then on Saturday for help with behavior problems). I swear her face was so sad and pouty and I felt (and still feel) super guilty. I've been babying her since Saturday. I got some good encouragement from forum members. I hope you feel better about this as I am sure things will work out. Chloe is almost back to her normal self but she seems more attached to me. Keep babying her and you will feel better. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts