Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I clipped Loki's Wings because he was flying around and he was flying into the walls and falling he is a bit clumsy anyway I only clipped 4 feathers on each side he can still fly upwards just not as high I think im gonna cut to 5 and if he can still fly high ill do 6 but I dont think ill need to do more than 6 well I think ill leave the clipping until tomorrow let him get asleep.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt change my mind when I posted that I didnt know onynx bird was getting hurt by flying same with Loki also I clipped Rockos wings once after I got him because he flew into the wall and his nares bled but I would never clip neither of them again and when Lokis wings grow he will know the house better.But what I hate is when people clip their birds wings to make them bond to you thats just forcing them to like you or when you clip because you dont want them flying out windows or doors like just keep windows and doors closed around your birds.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I cut 5 feathers he could still get high so I went to 6 and he can fly just not as high but can still fly upwards to Rockos tall cage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts