Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure quite how to say this but Willow is missing. :cry: It must have been a turn of bad luck. Dad, thinking that Willow had been left in her cage left the back door open for a few seconds. But meanwhile Mum had opened the door and brought her out. Willow flew off and out of the door. :( :cry: This is so devastating, two birds in 5 days. I can't believe Willow is gone, she is such a sweetie and has made my life so happy and complete. Now she is gone I am so upset, as I write this tears are rolling down my face.

I have put up loads of flyers around the area and posted small posters through peoples doors in the hope that she will be seen. Her cage is outside, along with Bobby's, waiting for their return. I can just hope and pray she will come back somehow...:cry: I have been whistling the wolf whistle (Willow's favourite whistle) all day. I have walked everywhere trying to find her.

She is my baby and if she never be replaced. There is only room for one tiel in my heart and that is Willow.

·
Registered
581 Posts
oh ... i am shocked, and so very sorry for you Rosie...
i hope very much that you get them back....
a friend of mine recently lost one of her hand raised pastel blue Indian ring neck parrots, it was only 6 months old, and was going to be a present for her mother....
with a bit of luck Willow will turn up.. tiels are personable animals, so someone should find her...

i too have had a string of bad luck...
first, my darling budgie, Queen passed away following an incident with egg binding..
then on Christmas eve, my real estate turned up at my door, and said my house has been sold and i have 30 days to move...
and finally just the other night i crashed my dads car into a tree on a bad dark gravely corner, in the rain... luckily i escaped with minor injuries, but the car was ruined...
i hope our luck turns around...
just remember, you would never be able to appreciate all the wonderful things in life, if there wasnt the terrible things to show you how good the good things are...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
OH Rose!!! I am so sorry that is just devasting to have two birds leave you like that within a short space of time, I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now, hopefully with all the posters up someone will see her and return her to you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh Rosie, poor you! :( I was so shocked to read the title of this thread and I can only say how sorry I am to hear about Willow. You've done all you can for now so keep looking for her and maybe you'll be together again soon. I know how much Willow meant to you.
I hope that both your babies come back.

Tia x

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
My heart dropped when I read this title. I don't even know what to say to you Rosie. I am so sorry...This is why having flighted birds scares me. I don't think I'd have them flighted if I lived with anyone in the house..I would be to afraid of accidents like this. I'm SO sorry...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone - you are all so sweet. ;) The extra great news is that Willow is now safely back home. I am extremely lucky. This is what happened. One of my neighbours that I had told that Willow was missing urgently came knocking on the door, saying that she had been sitting on their fence. But when we got there she had flown off, and they thought into their neighbour's garden. So we checked there - no sign. So we thought she must have flown round to some more gardens round the back. We then began knocking on people's doors to check their gardens LOL. It was then I heard a distinct wolf whistle coming from a nearby tree, and I knew it was her, bless her. So off we went, knocked on the house of the garden that we thought Willow was in. Nobody was in. We had no choice but to grab the ladder, ruin their pansies :blush: and get her down with the help of rice crispies (her fave). Apparently we looked like something out of a comedy sketch, Dad carrying a long stick, me carrying a net and Mum carrying a ladder LOL. We managed to reach her and bring her down, thank God.

Anyway, I am just soooo glad she is back - its turned from being the worst New Years day to the best (well, sort of). Better rush, Willow's begging to come out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rosie that is marvellous, you are just soooo lucky to have got her back. I can imagine all of you armed with the rescue equipment. Well, you enjoy her now and I bet you will be double checking doors and windows before you open her cage next time huh? LOL.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That is incredibly lucky that you've found her! You have no idea how unlikely that scenerio is! I am VERY happy for you!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I am SO happy to hear that Willow is back!!! :D I was so upset to read this thread, but it's turned out so well for you and her!!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am so pleased that she is back. It must have been extremely sad to lose her. I am sure she is happy to be back and safe! :)

DeBree, *hugs* I hope your luck gets better soon!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I couldn't believe it when I read it, that is so awesome that you found her and so quickly :D your really lucky ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys. Yes, I am extremely pleased to have her back so quickly, and very thankful that my neighbour saw her. If it wasn't for them then she might still be out there. I am looking forward to making her a big treat tomorrow (with Brocolli in of course :rolleyes:).

just remember, you would never be able to appreciate all the wonderful things in life, if there wasnt the terrible things to show you how good the good things are...
I totally agree, as I said it turned from being the worst new years day ever to one of the best because Willow was found. Also, I do hope your luck gets better soon. ;)

Give her a big hug from us. :D:lol::clap:
olly&izzy - Yep I sure will, but tomorrow she's sleeping now hehe. :D

I bet you will be double checking doors and windows before you open her cage next time huh? LOL.
Oh yes, I've become so paranoid LOL. Everything is locked when the birds come out. What is especially irratating is that the dog has learnt to open the door, so she could come barging in any moment. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts