Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting a female cockatiel (Still looking for a name so if anyone has any ideas) and my sister is getting one as well. My little birdie has been a DNA tested female but my sisters is only 7 weeks and hasn't been tested yet. My sister and I have different rooms and cages in each one. If her cockatiel turns out to be a male would it make my bird hormonal and want to lay eggs if she's just around him when my sister and I hang out. I won't be providing a happy hut or anything along the lines of dark place for her to lay eggs because I don't want her to lay eggs. When I say they're just going to be around each other I mean like I bring her over to my sisters room and him and her would probably roam on the floor while we hang out with them. I'm also scarred that the bird is going to see another one of its kind and then bond to them more than they bond to me. Also if they turn out to be a female as well are there any downsides to this? 🦜🦜🦜

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if for some reason she does start laying eggs how do I create an environment that will be healthy for her to have enough nutrients and energy to lay eggs. I would like to avoid her laying eggs but if it does happen than I would at least like to provide the stuff she needs to stay healthy when laying the eggs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.