Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Hope you’re well. I’m considering getting a male for my female cockatiel, Okami, because she’s showing signs of wanting a mate (and I’d love to experience the growth of hatchlings to beautiful birds). The male that I’m considering buying is a whiteface lutino / albino cockatiel at the age of 14 months. However, the seller says that he has a congenital defect adjacent to his wing. While I’m not entirely sure what is meant by that, I have an idea that one wing is shorter than the other...? I’m not sure. But my question is the following: will Okami accept him and eventually mate with him if she likes him? I don‘t know if cockatiels can pick up on such things. The whiteface lutino bird can fly without problems, and the seller says that it doesn’t affect him. But I really want a cockatiel that will get along with Okami so that they can breed. Please share your thoughts! Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
This is a photo of our Lou-lou. She also has a wing deformity and was our only (so far) resque bird. The breeder flat didn't want her so we took her in. She's really a sweet bird and don't let the looks of that wing fool you. She fly's as well as the rest of the flock! She also seems to get along with the others and even has another female she is cage mates with. While I'm not sure birds can pick up on another's defects, I personally wouldn't breed her in fear that her babies Might (or could) have issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a photo of our Lou-lou. She also has a wing deformity and was our only (so far) resque bird. The breeder flat didn't want her so we took her in. She's really a sweet bird and don't let the looks of that wing fool you. She fly's as well as the rest of the flock! She also seems to get along with the others and even has another female she is cage mates with. While I'm not sure birds can pick up on another's defects, I personally wouldn't breed her in fear that her babies Might (or could) have issues.
Thanks so much! Lou-Lou is very pretty. I appreciate the advice. Have a nice day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts