Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that our tiel will not bond with our new green cheek and vice versa as we are hoping the gcc will bond with our daughter. Does anyone know if two different species can bond like two cockatiels would? I want them to like each other, just not have that bond where they will start to ignore us and not want to be around us anymore.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a pineapple green cheek and a crimson bellied conure, our 'tiel Quinn is very bonded with the CBC and they were basically raised together/share cages (if anything happens they will be separated).

The pineapple doesn't get along with any of the 'tiels but does get along with the crimson bellied.

So i think if they're raised together young, and start off good they will become friends or at least not super aggressive towards each other but it depends on the bird and like CaliTiels said GCC are pushy so it may not work out. I think it only worked out with Quinn/Finn because they were raised together and Quinn is also very laid back and a sweetheart, and gets along with every bird.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pineapple green cheek and a crimson bellied conure, our 'tiel Quinn is very bonded with the CBC and they were basically raised together/share cages (if anything happens they will be separated).

The pineapple doesn't get along with any of the 'tiels but does get along with the crimson bellied.

So i think if they're raised together young, and start off good they will become friends or at least not super aggressive towards each other but it depends on the bird and like CaliTiels said GCC are pushy so it may not work out. I think it only worked out with Quinn/Finn because they were raised together and Quinn is also very laid back and a sweetheart, and gets along with every bird.
Corgie: is your CBC bonded to you as we'll as Quinn? Can they bond with more than one person/bird? Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's not likely but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. My GCC is more bonded to my tiels than he is to me.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Ive seen alot of bonded conures with tiels but if your tiel is really bonded to you then he might not bond with the conure and if you dont want them to bond just dont have them beside each other.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
We found Baby (partner's GCC) wanted to bond with Skiddles but she didn't want a bar of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts