Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please: I own/owned 2 hand-tamed cockatiels for 11 years now so am familiar with cockatiels' behavior. My current 3yearold male cockatiel - in the last 3 weeks or so? I've noticed his droppings have been greenish-watery with a green solid line for the poop part. He's always had the normal solid roundish poop except I've noticed in the last few weeks, rarely, his poop has been the solid poop.
He also drinks alot lately. Before, he would only drink water once or twice and eats seeds alot.
He's always slept on top of his water dish unfortunately so every morning, when he wakes up, I have to throw out his water; rinse with cold or hot water then replenish with water that I dechlorinate (not straight from the tap).
Otherwise, he talks non-stop, eats, moody when he's doing his male-bird thing.
What is going on with my babybird - how do I treat this watery droppings problem and get him back to the normal solid poop?
I've talked to a bird vet who told me there's no sense of urgency for a medical concern if he's eating and drinking.
Cockatiel owners - any advice? anyone else experience this?
My bird's a very talented, analytical, funny, talking bird who is also potty-trained.
Sebastian's mom

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Ok...what is his diet? As to the water, if it is also taking out the minerals this can cause problems and defeciencys. More info.

And some pix's of the poop would be great. You can have wax paper below him to catch some droppings. Place the wax paper on some white paper towels to take a pix of. Take the pix at normal distance. Download and crop so that all you see is the droppings in the pix with little surrounding background and then post. if you have to resize the pix, resize to 500-600 pixels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The same thing is happening with Sandi!
I'll have him sitting on my shoulder and he'll poop 3 times in 5 minutes, and very watery. Also, drinking a lot of water.
No feather loss, no runny nose. He is singing and giving me kisses, which he's never really done before so I assume he's feeling ok, I'm just curious why this is going on as well! I'll be watching your answers!

:wacko:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts