Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my almost 6 months old tiel who I got in March, he wouldn't leave me when I was looking for a bird in March so I thought he was already like me and would be easier to bond with me, and since a few days now he's been taking this pose time to time, he really freaks me out but when I come to touch him, boom he pops up and make baby feeding sounds.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So my almost 6 months old tiel who I got in March, he wouldn't leave me when I was looking for a bird in March so I thought he was already like me and would be easier to bond with me, and since a few days now he's been taking this pose time to time, he really freaks me out but when I come to touch him, boom he pops up and make baby feeding sounds. View attachment 93304
View attachment 93305 View attachment 93306 View attachment 93307
He looks sick to me. Are his feathers constantly fluffed up?

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
First of all, that's a VERY pretty bird you have there! Six months old IS a little old to still be making those baby sounds but I wouldn't rule it out. Does the bird seem pretty active otherwise? Is it eating and sleeping well? My only advice would be to keep a CLOSE watch on it. If you ever come in and find it down at the BOTTOM of the cage with little or no movement, it is definitely time for a vet visit ASAP!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well his poop is fine, eating n drinking, all fine, thata why i was confused and came here to ask

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks sick to me. Are his feathers constantly fluffed up?
he's fluffed up only when the AC is on, he sleeps on 1 leg and he gets hyper active during noon, i've seen healthy conures sleeping on there side or back, could this be related?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nope....everything you mention is normal. I have a whiteface male that sleeps on HIS food bowel. Can't seem to break him of pooping in it every morning! You really can't compare conures to tiels as far as sleep habits. I have two suns as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope....everything you mention is normal. I have a whiteface male that sleeps on HIS food bowel. Can't seem to break him of pooping in it every morning! You really can't compare conures to tiels as far as sleep habits. I have two suns as well.
i am thinking of getting a sun for my tiel to hangout with as my school is starting and i really find there huge heads cute, but im still doing the research, there aint a lot of info bout conures out there

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my almost 6 months old tiel who I got in March, he wouldn't leave me when I was looking for a bird in March so I thought he was already like me and would be easier to bond with me, and since a few days now he's been taking this pose time to time, he really freaks me out but when I come to touch him, boom he pops up and make baby feeding sounds. View attachment 93304
it very comformt sleep there :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
don't be afraid to take him to the vet just for a checkup. :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Zayn, Sun conures are cool birds however......be carefully letting them around cockatiels until your VERY sure they will get along. TRUST me, a conures bite can be 5 times more powerful than a cockatiel and can harm the later. I'm pretty lucky here. I have two male suns (actually brothers) that get along good with ALL the tiels but I still keep a close eye on them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zayn, Sun conures are cool birds however......be carefully letting them around cockatiels until your VERY sure they will get along. TRUST me, a conures bite can be 5 times more powerful than a cockatiel and can harm the later. I'm pretty lucky here. I have two male suns (actually brothers) that get along good with ALL the tiels but I still keep a close eye on them.
ill take ur word on it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts