Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ever since about two weeks ago, my female 11 month old tiel will be on my shoulder as i'm walking about the kitchen to grab something, and as soon as i open the fridge door, open the cupboard door to grab a plate, or take out a piece of bread and put something on it, she immediately climbs off my shoulder and clings to my shirt in the middle of my chest just under my chin. she does love to cuddle with anyone that'll give her the time of day and it's pretty much like what she does when she wants a cuddle--that thing tiels do when they sit on your chest up in you face just without the up in your face part

it's really cute but its really annoying because if i move to fast she'll start to fall off, and no matter how many times i pick her up and put her on my shoulder she'll immediately climb right back to my chest again.

she doesn't seem sared, because when she's scared she hisses or climbs behind my neck or down my back. so why is she doing this?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't know, sometimes mine do this too. I think they're just avoiding the turbulent area, which is your arm, as you use it to things but then again I've never really thought about it

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Could be she finds comfort in being under your chin, too. It's a good place to be close to you and if she's a cuddler, it's a good place to cuddle :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Zoe does this too. It's really annoying lol. She usually does it when I get something out of the fridge and go to the bench. I just assumed she wanted a better look at what I was preparing, probably to scope out whether or not she can steal it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts