Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd be really grateful if anyone could tell me what mutation my cockatiel is please. I think she is WF pearl pied but I'd love confirmation please! Not up on my mutations (despite reading a lot of sites!).

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Yes she is a whiteface pearl pied and she is gorgeous!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww thank you for ID'ing! And saying she's gorgeous :).

I've been looking at whiteface pearls and whiteface pearl pieds online and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I happened on her by chance. Put a deposit down on a lutino bird, went in to pick it up the next day and there was Hardie, at the front eating seed happy as larry, so I took her instead! I'd never seen one like her. :)

The only thing is she hates bathing and the tips of her wings are going a bit musty. Misting isn't shifting it. Dirty bird :D

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
A bird is considered pied if it has at least one solid white/yellow flight feather or tail feather. Since I can see yours has some white flights that makes her a pied.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Look at her rump and nape too.
Btw she is extremely beautiful!!! Very well defined and perfect feather

·
Registered
383 Posts
I only speak the truth. And your baby..... Well let's just say I'm on a bird napping expedition and yours is first on my list lol jk.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
She's gorgeous:love:...you say she doesn't like baths? Have you tried taking her in the shower with you? You don't even have to get her wet you can set her on the rod and let the steam do all the work.:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha Conurekidd, you'd give her back when you saw how much seed she chucks on the floor compared to how much she eats! She will literally climb in her seed and jump around, it goes everywhere! :D

Thanks Roxy, that's a fabulous idea! I'll definitely try that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts