Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone it’s going on day two where I see what appears to be a white feather or fuzz in my birds nostril. Should I take him to the vet or wait it out? I’m going to run some water and see if he wants to get under it and bath. I’m just nervous and want to know what to do! Thank y’all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's really pretty common. What your seeing is either normal cockatiel dust or small down feathers. Nothing at all to be alarmed at. I have 13 tiels so you can image the dust and feathers!! To cut down on that you might give your bird a luke warm spray bath with a mister bottle on a regular basis. They may freak out at first but in time they will grow to actually enjoy it! This simulates rainfall in the wild and will entice them to preen there feathers keeping them in better shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really pretty common. What your seeing is either normal cockatiel dust or small down feathers. Nothing at all to be alarmed at. I have 13 tiels so you can image the dust and feathers!! To cut down on that you might give your bird a luke warm spray bath with a mister bottle on a regular basis. They may freak out at first but in time they will grow to actually enjoy it! This simulates rainfall in the wild and will entice them to preen there feathers keeping them in better shape.
Thank you!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts