Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to harbor on this but I am desperate to find a replacement for Pivot. I miss him terribly. If anyone knows where I can find a young/baby male White Faced Pearl please let me know. I am not a big fan of shipping but would drive quite a ways for the right bird. The house is way too empty without him. Thanks.

PS. There is a bird show coming up in Sept in New Hampshire. Are there birds for sale at shows?

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Yep. They sell birds at bird shows. Check for a breeder. Maybe try Craigslist or something. Do it with caution though. Make sure they're reliable. Personally, I would wait for the bird show myself. Try not to look at mutation. The right personality is better than looks. Maybe you'll find a different tiel you like just as much :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I agree with Stephanie. The bird show is a good opportunity. I also agree that personality comes first. A different mutation might have a personality that reminds you more of your first tiel than possibly the same mutation with a different personality. As they usually say, "Let the bird choose you". It worked very well in my case.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Bird shows are usually the best place to find birds. Or specialty shops. I'd be wary of craigslist as people aren't even supposed to "sell" animals on there. Birdbreeder.com is one site to check out. There's also ebayclassifieds.com as well. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts