Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a cockatiel "Lucky" and he is around 2 years old. I have noticed his beak has gone white and also around his eyes. Apart from this he seems fine. Can anyone advise please.
Thanks
Regards
Shelley

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Pictures would help us see what you are seeing. Young birds, if whitefaced, will get full white faces as they age if they are male.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
A pic would definatly help, is it a whitish crustyness around beak and eyes? If so it may be scaly face mites... A clear in focus pic will confirm or rule this out.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
A male whiteface will not have white on his beak, just the feathers on his face and head will turn white instead of grey... I am still thinking scaly face.
Yes, I am thinking the same, or it is just peeling off a bit (maybe due to some vitamin deficiency?)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Even without a picture, I think it's very likely that this guy is going to need a vet trip. Your time might be better spent arranging that than taking pictures for us.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
My Aunts fiery shouldered conure Crackers beak was white at the tip it was just chipping and she brought her to the vet and they said it was a calcium deficiency I too think you should make a vet visit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts