Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do we bird lovers decide where the point is that would push us from bird lovers to crazy bird people? ;) I think i may have found it this morning. Bailee was running around his cage like a headless chicken, he really wanted to come out and play so i decided he could come and have a shower with me.

Now, it wasn't enough to just comment that he was washing HIS feathers, but i gave him a running commentary of my own showering.
"Hey Bailee, mummy's gotta wash her wing pits so they don't get smelly. And now i have to wash my feathers so they're nice and clean, have you washed your feathers Bailee?"

LOL!!!! I heard the words come out of my mouth and then i stopped and thought, wow.....hmmm, no i'm still sane, i'm sure i am. :lol:

Anyway, here's a photo of Bailee and I, both with wet feathers, lol!!!

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Looks like he loved his shower :) Spike has showers with me aswell. It is the only way I can get him really wet. Don't worry I don't think your crazy ;) They have pills for everything now a days, anyway :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
your not crazy, everyone else is !! ;)

Kirby showers with me too, it's the only way he likes it.

I whistle though...he likes to join in :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
LOL I think Echo knows more about what foods are good for which animals then anyone else in the house LOL, we always take him when we feed the crew. He showers with me as well, your not THAT Crazy, yet LOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lol. Now I have an example of what I'll be like when Screech finally gets home. Don't worry though, you're still sane. Slightly. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey, you're crazy. Just like all of us true parronts and people owned by birds. Welcome to the club.

For the record, I do that all the time. My Mom is so much worse. She sings to Bella. I don't like my mom's squeaky off-key singing but I can't do anything because Bella likes it. And Bella always gets what she wants. :wacko: I think my mom has gone nuts and misses the pitter-patter of little feet. Honestly, not only does she let Bella play with the baby toys she's saved but when Bella finally flew properly she was more excited then me!

That my family buys Bella food and toys is very nice. That they smuggle Bella treats I can understand since they don't see her that often. But what is up with the gushy baby talk and the lullebyes? Oh no, I'm doing it too!

((I had to yell at my mom because it takes me two weeks to un-spoil Bella after a family visit. She in turn complained that I spoil Bella too much. 'Cause spoiling is what grandparents are supposed to do. :eek:))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts