Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my chicks are 5 weeks old and eating their poop, should I give them something else to eat so they stop their filthy habit? They are parent fed atm.
I鈥檓 wondering when to start weaning and also what do I offer them? Pellets? Also do I need to soak them?
Any advise would be much appreciated 馃槉

Registered
5 weeks is a good time to start weaning them. Just offer them anything really. I usually wean my birds on seeds, pellets, millet, vegetables, and mash. Make sure they have access to water as well. As soon as they start drinking, they wean very quickly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 weeks is a good time to start weaning them. Just offer them anything really. I usually wean my birds on seeds, pellets, millet, vegetables, and mash. Make sure they have access to water as well. As soon as they start drinking, they wean very quickly.
I think I may try the pellets pictured. I鈥檒l try the budgie mix as they鈥檙e smaller.
Bird Recipe Ingredient Beak Cuisine

Registered
Yes, that's the exact pellets I use so that should be great. I find millet is the best to wean them on to as well. I also forgot, but egg food is an excellent weaning food as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts