Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just recently purchased a pearl female tile from a breeder at a bird fair just weeks before I lost my last cockatiel I had whom was over twenty years old.
I got her on September 8th and she has quickly got accustomed to her cage environment and myself-walking around the cage but though she hasn't been handled I'm wondering when us a good time to try to get her use to me in trying to get her use to my hands, in picking her up?
I ask mostly because she has been getting g restless and wanting to come out. As a baby it's clear that she has been hand fed as a baby but never hand trained.
The breeder told me to wait a month or so to get her settled but I know birds are individuals too. I'd like to try soon but at the same time I HATE TO BE HASTY. I haven't had a new tile since my last birds of 15years and my lotion whom died this month and having him for again. Over twenty years. (27 years I think. I miss him still)
My new tile Rae is almost a year old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.