Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just recently purchased a pearl female tile from a breeder at a bird fair just weeks before I lost my last cockatiel I had whom was over twenty years old.
I got her on September 8th and she has quickly got accustomed to her cage environment and myself-walking around the cage but though she hasn't been handled I'm wondering when us a good time to try to get her use to me in trying to get her use to my hands, in picking her up?
I ask mostly because she has been getting g restless and wanting to come out. As a baby it's clear that she has been hand fed as a baby but never hand trained.
The breeder told me to wait a month or so to get her settled but I know birds are individuals too. I'd like to try soon but at the same time I HATE TO BE HASTY. I haven't had a new tile since my last birds of 15years and my lotion whom died this month and having him for again. Over twenty years. (27 years I think. I miss him still)
My new tile Rae is almost a year old.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Since Rae is settled into her new home now, you can start taming her for sure. Food bribery always works well. Here is another thread with some handy tips on training/hand taming.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.