Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my boy is CHARGED. He is like one of those characters in the Looney Tunes- unstoppable!
I guess it's hormones + the sun.
Right now he is shredding something with his chest flat and his tail up, showing me his bum. :)
Previously he jumped on my shoulder with so much strength that I had to bend (and he is less than 80 grams!).

:excited::eek:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey had a couple of those days a few weeks ago. He flew around like a madman, ran instead of walking, squawked up a storm and bit me about 5 or 6 times, including twice on the top lip. He was at the worst of his hormonal period, but wow.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He whizzed over my head a few times literally like an arrow, and now he is grinding his beak very loud on my shoulder!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow I will be out most of the day... Is it OK to leave him partly hidden under his blanket?
I am afraid that if I take it off he will go mad and possibly hurt himself.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yep...something's in the air. Mindwipe is nesty. Firestorm was on eggs but has (Thankfully!) ignored them by now.

Y'think spring's arrived yet?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Tomorrow I will be out most of the day... Is it OK to leave him partly hidden under his blanket?
I am afraid that if I take it off he will go mad and possibly hurt himself.
When we aren't home, we leave Joey's cover partially on. It covers the back and about 4 inches of the top and sides. He still has plenty of light, but somewhere safe to be in a corner if he feels the need for security. With loud noises occasionally coming from the hallway or from outside, we want to give him the option of a 'hiding' spot. We also leave his radio on for company and a bit of white noise to cover noises that might seem scary.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bikbok keeps trying to mate with my head, I stink now :( spring has truly sprung.
Luckily all his savage hormonal behavior was during december while I was away. My parents said he was like a demon, so savage and aggressive.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Bikbok keeps trying to mate with my head, I stink now :( spring has truly sprung.
Luckily all his savage hormonal behavior was during december while I was away. My parents said he was like a demon, so savage and aggressive.
Missing all of that is always a joy. :D A few weeks ago, Joey was a grouchy little honey badger with wings, hissing and biting every time we got near, even for giving treats and scritches. Glad that is over with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Missing all of that is always a joy. :D A few weeks ago, Joey was a grouchy little honey badger with wings, hissing and biting every time we got near, even for giving treats and scritches. Glad that is over with.
Lol yes! We had no idea they get so crazy. By the sounds of things he isnt as bad as some though.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Lol yes! We had no idea they get so crazy. By the sounds of things he isnt as bad as some though.
This last one was his worst. He is usually just crabby and loud, with a little bit of hissing and biting, compared to him seeming to recreate the last few scenes of "The Exorcist". Hope the next one is back to normal. :D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) I lifted a corner of his blanket before going out and heard a soft (but clear) hiss... When I came back hours later I was almost afraid something had happened. He was so quiet (he usually starts screaming when he hears I am back). I checked and he just looked up with a very relaxed face. LOL He drives me crazy when I am sick because I always feel I can't keep him under the blanket if I am sick and in bed, but he was better than ever. :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
:) I lifted a corner of his blanket before going out and heard a soft (but clear) hiss... When I came back hours later I was almost afraid something had happened. He was so quiet (he usually starts screaming when he hears I am back). I checked and he just looked up with a very relaxed face. LOL He drives me crazy when I am sick because I always feel I can't keep him under the blanket if I am sick and in bed, but he was better than ever. :)
There have been a couple times in the past when Joey was in such a screeching frenzy I have put him in his cage and covered it, intending to uncover him when he calmed down. He would immediately calm down, start singing and playing. Both times, when I'd go to uncover him to let him out, he'd start screeching again so I'd cover him back up and he'd immediately be happy again. I figured it was no different than a human kid playing in a blanket fort, so I left him to play for a while.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's good to know that sometimes it is OK to leave them under the blanket. Sometimes I was really close to collapsing with the flu and a temperature and it was not funny to have him screaming and jumping around... :)
He seems to have become obsessed with my ears in the last couple of days... What can I say? Ouch! He is still a bit charged, so hopefully he will forget about my ears when he calms down. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts