Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to know when does a cockatiel moults? Does it moult all at once? Maybe, maybe not... Please answer! I'm quite new to cockatiels! Mine is a white-face cockatiel called Peeka :) I got him/her from the bird shop :) He/she is only 14 weeks (3 months) and he/she has the same birthday month as me!! October!!! What a coinsidence! :) Anyway, I want to know so I can finally tell if it's a male/female. Thanks! Abby.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
The first molt can start any time from 6-12 months old, but some birds can start earlier.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hank started molting like 2-3 weeks ago. She's like 7.5 months old
Some days she loses tons of feathers and some not as many. All I know is there's feathers everywhere and the poor bird has tons of pin feathers

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My tiel moulted quite a few feathers when i brought it home at 3 months old, but it's stopped now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My Tiel is 7 1/2 months old and i think shes starting her first molt now. shes had a tail feather fall out, new pin feathers coming in and a bunch of white feathers flying everywhere lately. she also doesnt look quite as smooth. she looks a little ratty :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts