Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, what tricks can your bird perform, is there something she says or whistles or does that you think is just adorable?
My little Cody can wave, spin endlessly, and shake my finger.
What about yours? :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Aww I wish Luna did tricks, the only thing she really does that amazes me is she'll fly to me when I call her, no matter what part of the house I'm in.. I think that means shes just clingy haha Eventually I'd like to teach her a few things..

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Daisy does no tricks because I haven't taut her any! :(
Daisy is just a little cockatiel explorer! She loves exploring, while I watch her of course!

:cool:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Awww, that's so adorable that he does tricks. My guys don't do any tricks but they will fly to me when i call them. Peepers says a few things and whistles a few tunes and now riki is starting do do a lot of mimicking too.
One thing that Riki starting mimicking is the sound Clementine makes when her and peepers are mating :blush:. The first time i heard it i thought "what, they're going at it again"! But it was just my little Riki :D

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
We haven't taught Sunny any tricks. I guess I should work on that. He came to us knowing how to ribbit and if you say "do froggy" or show him his little fake frog he has, he will ribbit.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
One thing that Riki starting mimicking is the sound Clementine makes when her and peepers are mating
Haha try having two boys who copy that noise!!! I always have to figure out if I have a pair actually mating or if its Baby or Snowball messing around!

One thing Fuzzy does do that is absolutely cute, and we didn't teach it to him on purpose, is the "Fuzzy-Bubbles." Bubbles is a girl tiel we have who is gaga for Fuzzy. And he apparently likes her as much as he can like any girl (he's a lady's man) so if you pick up Bubbles, walk to the door or out the door and yell "Fuzzy Bubbles!" he flies to you without hesitation. It helps if she makes a sound too because then he really know you have her. This is how we get him to come to us if he's up high like on a curtain rod.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Lol. Grey likes to sit directly behind my head. I will say, "whatcha doin' baby boy?" And he will sneak around until he knows I can see him, bite my nose ring (its a hoop so he can't take it out), and run to the other side of my shoulder. Lol.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha lol, my little Cody used to make a mating noise all day, we thought she was trying to talk at first, Lol :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Singerboy does all of these things:
Tune to Schism by tool haha
wolf whistle when you walk by
head bobs
says "pretty bird" "whatya doin?" "oh my!!"
gives kisses while making kissy noises LOL
Says "RAAWR!!!" when i say DINOSAUR!!
bat wings
ALSO he sings Lux's song because Lux is a finch and sings to Lolita ALL DAY LONG, he must have picked it up because the cages are so close to each other. but it is really funny to see a cockatiel try to sing a finch song! LOL
he is such a cutey pie! when we got him we did not know his age but he MUST habe been young because he has learned all of this!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha lol, that dinosaur thing sounds SOOO cute, i wish Cody could talk,although whenever Cody makes this really annoying noise I say 'AAAAH' and now when ever I make a loud noise or go to touch one of her toys or bowls she tells ME 'AAAAH'. LOL :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine sound like their saying 'Thank You' when I put their food down.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
haha i am not sure where Singerboy learned "oh my!" but he has been saying it. and it is not like the scratchy-omg i think my bird said something!- type thing but rather clear sounding Oh my! its so funny!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
What tricks does Sunny know? The following ones:

1) Stealing seeds by quietly chewing a hole through a new bag of seeds :mad:
2) Destroying the fake floral arrangement at her grandma's altar, then flying away when it crashes onto the floor and acting like she had absolutely nothing to do with it:rolleyes:
3) Flying to my arm in under 1 second when I say "come" (but only when I have a sunflower seed or toasted pita bread):blink:
4) Accurately identifying wires and chewing them up in an efficient manner

What??? That's not what you mean by "tricks"??? But these are the only ones that Sunny knows... :p

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha lol, Cody often annoys my mum by chewing up numerous cables, it think we have gone through about two phone chargers, 1 string of Christmas lights and quite a few of tv cables.lucky none of them were turned on, I should really sort out that habit though :/

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Haha Luna is such a seed hog he'll go out of his way to swing the cage door open, climb to the floor, go under his cage, and chew through bags to find his seeds. :p

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha lol, Cody's wings used to be clipped and so we took her every where, one day we took her to the pet store to buy some more bags, as soon as the bags came into site she launched herself at them and tried to chew through it before I had the chance to grab her, lol :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Zoey totally freaked me out the other day. She went back inside her cage by herself (which is no great trick.....that's quite normal for her to do) and then she CLOSED THE DOOR BEHIND HER!

Now, if only I can teach her how to lock herself in, we'll really have it made :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
...now when ever I make a loud noise or go to touch one of her toys or bowls she tells ME 'AAAAH'. LOL :D
Did u say SHE? Ya mean there's still hope for Zoey to actually speak?

Hmmm, on second thought, with the way she constantly (& very loudly) calls (whistles) for me now, maybe I outta rethink that really-want-her-to-talk thing!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts