Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be intresting to post what foods your tiels get everyday, what foods they love, etc...just curious to see what other tiels eat.:)

So...on my tiels daily menu:
Zupreem Natural Diet Pellets
Higgins Vita Seed Mix
A plate of steamed and chopped mixed veggies (carrots, sweetpeas, corn, green beans, lima beans..)
Some fresh raw veggies and/or fruit ( green peppers, red peppers, apple, orange, bok choy, mango, melon...)
Fresh parsley

That's everyday...besides the food they taste/steal from my plate, they also get some brown rice, birdie bread with veggies, sprouted wheat, boiled egg...etc.

Of course, the occasional spray millet and honey sticks..Favorites are corn on the cob and parsley.

I'm sure I missed something but that's about all for now. I always try to get them to eat as many different things as I can- a little of everything.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Everyday my guys get Trill Cockatiel Seed, Vetafarm Cockatiel Pellets, and some kind of veggies. I try to give them cooked foods like lentils and beans regularly too. :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Dooby gets raw veg and fruit. I haven't tried him with cooked veg yet. He absolutely loves peas, so those are now being kept back for training. He likes all veg, I haven't come across anything that he won't eat yet. Then of course he likes peanut butter sandwiches, egg, pasta, lentils..........he's just a pig really, he'll eat anything.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Mine get pretty much the same as everyone else
Zupreem pellets FruitBlend- mine don't like the natural kind I have tried it
Seed mix
Some sort of veggies daily there favourites are carrots, green beans, parsley
And also a fruit daily.
They will pretty much eat anything thats good for them and TRY to eat anything thats not good for them...hehe (just like kids) Georgie is not to bad, but Ollie is worse he will try and steal anything your eating...lol I have to put him away when the baby is eating in her highchair she is feeding herself now and he is relentless flying over and sitting on her tray trying to eat her food I am afraid one of these days she is going to grab him and squish him, and yesterday Alexis was watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn and he flew over and jumped right in it :eek: I try to explain to him not ALL food is good for him and he just doesn't get it.......:p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but Ollie is worse he will try and steal anything your eating...lol I have to put him away when the baby is eating in her highchair she is feeding herself now and he is relentless flying over and sitting on her tray trying to eat her food I am afraid one of these days she is going to grab him and squish him, and yesterday Alexis was watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn and he flew over and jumped right in it :eek: I try to explain to him not ALL food is good for him and he just doesn't get it.......:p

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
but Ollie is worse he will try and steal anything your eating...lol I have to put him away when the baby is eating in her highchair she is feeding herself now and he is relentless flying over and sitting on her tray trying to eat her food I am afraid one of these days she is going to grab him and squish him, and yesterday Alexis was watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn and he flew over and jumped right in it :eek: I try to explain to him not ALL food is good for him and he just doesn't get it.......:p
That sounds like a budgie i know. Ollie steals from babies, Blinkie steals from my blind mother. :p Birds have no morals!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Blinkie, you ought to be ashamed of yourself!!!
Well he definitely isn't. Without fail, everytime mum sits down for food, he zips over to her shoulder and starts ordering her to hand over whatever she's eating. It's very funny. Good thing Bailee's not as greedy, he would boss her with his beak and lately that's been a very painful experience. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts