Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A breeder has replied to my ad for a pastelface! He says his pair usually produce lutino cinnamon pied pastelfaces, but I have no idea what that would look like. Well, I have some idea but I'm not sure since I can't find a photo. Does anyone know or have a pic? His ones aren't hatched yet so he can't show me. Does that just look lutino with a tan wash and pastel cheek patches?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Does pied not really look like much on Lutinos? That's the part I'm most unsure of. Is it like yellower patches or.. ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes pied will make some flight and tail feathers clear yellow, so with a cinnamon pied you will have feathers with the cinnamon wash and some solid yellow. this gives you a guide to go by

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The cinnamon mutation "bleeds through" the lutino mutation but not pied feathers. So lutino feathers will have a light dusting. Pied should be completely white/buttery yellow.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks :) I've found another breeder who breeds pastel now (they're pretty hard to find here) and hers are of course different again and of course she hasn't got photos because the eggs don't even exist yet let alone the chicks themselves haha. Looks like il just have to wait but I'm super excited, I love pastel faces and have never ever seen one in person before

1 - 7 of 7 Posts