Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I agree, Whiteface pearl pied, if adult then female, males loose the pearls when mature.
Not true. Male pearl pieds can keep their pearls for much longer, some up to five years. I had one for about three and he still hadn't lost his pearls.

But like everyone said, whiteface pearl pied

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not true. Male pearl pieds can keep their pearls for much longer, some up to five years. I had one for about three and he still hadn't lost his pearls.

But like everyone said, whiteface pearl pied
This is interesting! This explains the pearl pied boy I had several years ago. He was most definitely a male of almost 2 years old, but he still had his pearls. I love how pied just throws everything off LOL

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
What a stunning male! I hope your hen likes him :thumbu:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Indeed, :D , they just started making love in the 2nd day of pairing :D
Awwww! Sounds like my Firestorm and Sunstorm when I introduced them. They loved each other at first sight!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
They're both pretty but it's normally not recommended to breed like to like. That can cause issues in the nest, like smaller babies and higher mortality rates. The goal of breeding is to better the breed, not make smaller babies. But good luck! It sounds like they like each other.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Your male is so cute!!

Like Roxyculver said, it is better not to breed like that.
But if you dont want to breed and switch the eggs for fake ones it's no problem :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts