Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a year and a half old female cockatiel and I was wondering it's mutation? I have two pictures from before and after her feathers start to change. I heard it was very abnormal so I'm a little confused and need help 馃槄
(I also have a female lutino cockatiel as well)
Bird Feather Beak Falconiformes Cockatiel
Bird Beak Pet supply Mammal Wood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I have never seen her lay eggs directly but I know she鈥檚 the one who lays them because she always gets a bit sick before it every time there鈥檚 an egg and she displays the behaviours of a female. I don鈥檛 know how or why she gains more white spots as she ages.

Registered
I'm not really sure, sorry. You could try DNAing her if you want to know 100% what she is. Some males will act like females so it could be that; I've had a DNA'd male cockatiel peep like a female when it wants to mate, but he's obviously a male.

Registered
Well, with the pearl mutation, males will lose their pearl markings while females will keep them for life. Males will also do heart wings. They are usually more vocal than females, but some females can be quite vocal, too. If they are wanting to mate, they will usually rub their vent against the perch or something; no female does that.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts