Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! Hope you’re well. I have a female cockatiel named Okami. She is one year old. I’d like to know exactly what type she is. I’ve seen many types of cockatiels before but I’m never sure what it is. Does it fall under whiteface even though they’re not technically white-faced? Please let me know. Below is a picture of what she looks like.
Also, if I were to pair her up with a male, what type of male would give me the biggest chances of white faced chicks? I know these things depend on its genetics, but by looking can anyone take a guess? I have a whiteface male pied that’s too young to breed, but when he is older, can they pair up? Let me know please! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
She is a whiteface pied Cockatiel. Female whiteface cockatiel has the black mask instead the white mask. If want to whiteface babies from the female. The pairing with a male at least split to whiteface is good choice. In this case you will have 50% chance of getting whiteface babies. If pairing with a whiteface male, you will get 100% whiteface baby.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is a whiteface pied Cockatiel. Female whiteface cockatiel has the black mask instead the white mask. If want to whiteface babies from the female. The pairing with a male at least split to whiteface is good choice. In this case you will have 50% chance of getting whiteface babies. If pairing with a whiteface male, you will get 100% whiteface baby.
Oh ok, thank you so much!!! So do all females have grey faces and all males have white faces? That’s very interesting. Is my bird Falcore also a whiteface? I thought he was a whiteface pied, but I’m not very sure. Thank you so much for your help. Here’s Falcore.

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is a whiteface pied cockatiel. I am not sure male or female.
Oh ok, thank you so much!!! So do all females have grey faces and all males have white faces? That’s very interesting. Is my bird Falcore also a whiteface? I thought he was a whiteface pied, but I’m not very sure. Thank you so much for your help. Here’s Falcore. View attachment 92939

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 93063

What is this ? Male / Female ... he is still young ..I think 4 to 6 months old
Wow, what a beautiful parrot! These types look different depending on their ages and genders. If it’s a young bird, it could be any gender, because both look like that. However, if it’s about half a year old, my guess is a female. She’s very gorgeous. What is her name?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.