Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a complete newbie cockatiel/bird owner, so I'm not sure what to put in my teil Blue's cage. He has 2 wooden perches, a swing, a little toy hamburger sponge thing, food and water holders and a cuttlebone. And a treat stick and a spray millet. Is their anything else you think he'd enjoy? He LOVES shiny things if that helps :D.The cage is very roomy, so space really isn't an issue. Also, do you rotate the toys?
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Maybe a rope perch, they are very comfy for bird feet:D A variety of perches is beneficial for exercising their feet.

And you can never have too many toys;) Check out this thread on DIY toys, http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=242.

I dont exactly rotate my toys though I know many people do, I just replace them with new ones when they get destroyed which is pretty often :p

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure what the hamburger sponge thing is- but is it anything he could tear off and ingest? If it's really a "sponge" I might remove that. I've read in cockatiel books that toys should be rotated every 3-4 months, unless worn out sooner. I try to switch mine out about that often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts