Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so many people have told me Rocko is a pearl pied but is there not supposed to be another word before pearl pied for example Cinnamon pearl pied.if you need to see a picture of him i posted lots of pictures of him in 52 weeks of cockatiels so you can have a look there.Rockos stomach is kind of a cinnamon colour and his back is grey.:grey tiel:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
He looks like a pearl split pied to me. I am not sure about cinnamon as opposed to just a light version of a normal grey, but luckily there is a test for that. Look at his feet, if the nails are brown he is cinnamon. If the nails are black he is not cinnamon.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He looks like a pearl split pied to me. I am not sure about cinnamon as opposed to just a light version of a normal grey, but luckily there is a test for that. Look at his feet, if the nails are brown he is cinnamon. If the nails are black he is not cinnamon.
His nails are a clear colour also the back of rockos head is white

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Pieds and split pieds have sometimes have pink feet and clear nails (back of the head often is white for splits too) usually not all of them are though.

Now taking a second look at his photos, its a big change between then and now. I think he is a Single Factor Dominant Silver, Pearl, Pied.

http://www.justcockatiels.net/dominant-silver.html

I am not an expert on dominant silver, but this is the only way I can explain this drastic change in color. Look at the wing coverts, if the centers look diluted that's what this bird is. The above link has a graphic that explains it better than I can.

If his wing coverts are not diluted, he may just be a pearl that faded in the sun.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pieds and split pieds have sometimes have pink feet and clear nails (back of the head often is white for splits too) usually not all of them are though.

Now taking a second look at his photos, its a big change between then and now. I think he is a Single Factor Dominant Silver, Pearl, Pied.

http://www.justcockatiels.net/dominant-silver.html

I am not an expert on dominant silver, but this is the only way I can explain this drastic change in color. Look at the wing coverts, if the centers look diluted that's what this bird is. The above link has a graphic that explains it better than I can.

If his wing coverts are not diluted, he may just be a pearl that faded in the sun.
What do u mean a pearl that faded in the sun I will have to wait until rocko opens his wings so i can look at his coverts hes sleeping on my bed i dont want lift up his wings and disturb him I looked at the link also rocko has pearls on his wings and back and they are slowly fading away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts