Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

We have recently bought a new cockatiel seed, which has, dried banana in, and a few pellets,and different types of seed so it is a wide variety!

But this morning I was changing the food, and there was this in it :

It is something dried, I thought it was a tomato, because I saw a seed in it(you can see it in the picture on the side sticking out, It is yellow), Earl had a nibble at it, and quite liked it ! It is in his food bowl now!

What do you think it is ???

Thanks Sophia x

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hmm. I think it looks like a dried tomato to me too!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Maybe a dried tomato or a dried short chilli pepper? Check the ingridients and see which one of the two (if not both) are listed. Either way, sounds like good food!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't look on the packet, I always put the food in to a container, and throw the bag away! My mum just emptied the food in the tub, then threw the packet away!

Do chilli's have seeds ?

Thanks x

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Yup, they sure do. Don't touch your face (esspecially your eyes) after touching a chilli pepper seed-that's where all the heat is. It'll sting like crazy. Now that I'm looking at it it does look more like a dried tomato...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know what brand it was, my mum bought it, I wasn't there when she got it, but she got it from Pets At Home! :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
It looks like a mini capsicum/pepper/chilli to me. You can get small ones at the supermarket and that's exactly what they would look like dried.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts