Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting with my tiel then she randomly starts spreading her wings and moving her body and I had no idea what was going on. I could only think of 2 things from what I read online, 1. she's claiming her territory but she was on the couch which isn't a high place or 2. she's doing a dance that means she wants to get showered but she doesn't like showers
but watching the video it seems like she was just trying to preen her feathers under her wing but at first it didn't seem like it, anyone got a clue?

https://imgur.com/QURYTus

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is typical of the way they move when they're getting misted, and then they preen afterward. Did she maybe get touched by something that could feel like rain to her?
not that i can think of, we were just sitting on a couch not near the window or the kitchen for any liquids close to water to touch her then out of nowhere she does this

·
Registered
10,791 Posts
It doesn't have to be liquids. It could be something like a dangling piece of cloth touching her intermittently. Rainfall isn't the only thing that it could remind her of either - if something touched her on the back it could be mating behavior. But to me it looks more like bathing behavior than doing the nasty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i've seen her do her "horny dance" a couple times and this was different, she's just spreading her wings. Does look like the bath behavior but she hates baths like I even took out the mist spray afterwards but she started to walk away
I only spray her when it is super hot out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts