Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I brought a lutino cockatiel about 3 days past and i am just curious about what gender it is. It doesn't bothers to me with any gender cockatiel but still im just curious to know about the gender of my cockatiel here's the picture link of my cockatiel.
Age- The store i brought it from told me it is 3 to 4 months old
Note- I have studied some post on gender verification so the cockatiel doesn't sing much maybe cause of new surroundings but it does sing for like 10 sec 3 to four times a day. It doesn't bang his beak to the cage and I haven't seen him with his wings in heart shape.
Link-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MgLQwgrotKIxm4xM96IwF07QB1o_zCXI/view?usp=drivesdk

·
Registered
14 Posts
put it in front of a mirror
singing, chirping, squeaking or squaking= chance of boy
territorial, over aggressive=chance of girl
legs close to each other=chance of boy
legs far out =chance of Gil

·
Registered
cockateil ( apaeently a pearly pied) to this date 23/3 about 3 months maybe a 13/14 weeks
7 Posts
I brought a lutino cockatiel about 3 days past and i am just curious about what gender it is. It doesn't bothers to me with any gender cockatiel but still im just curious to know about the gender of my cockatiel here's the picture link of my cockatiel.
Age- The store i brought it from told me it is 3 to 4 months old
Note- I have studied some post on gender verification so the cockatiel doesn't sing much maybe cause of new surroundings but it does sing for like 10 sec 3 to four times a day. It doesn't bang his beak to the cage and I haven't seen him with his wings in heart shape.
Link-

Screenshot_20191112-105407.jpg
I dont know a great deal about this , but i have been told you can not be absolutely sure of gender untill closer to 6 months and when it has had its first molt ( which apparently can be quite a lot feather loss the first time). Im hoping mine turns out to be a male its 8-10 weeks old. The only other way is a dna from vet , expensive. However before 6 months if it extremely chirpy then the possibility will be a male. After the first molting the coulours will be more distinguishable of the new feathers and face ect. let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
put it in front of a mirror
singing, chirping, squeaking or squaking= chance of boy
territorial, over aggressive=chance of girl
legs close to each other=chance of boy
legs far out =chance of Gil
male or female? She or he saw a mirro yesterday and had no reaction, pet shop said it’s a she

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts