Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to cockatiels! I rescued these birds from cages in someones garden in the snow. iv had them since sunday (5 days). We're all getting used to each other. I wasn't expecting to have four cockatiels so we're getting to know each other and I'm just judging what they need atm so bear with me pls :).

The youtube link... https://youtu.be/6r9_gvDRUqA

Does anyone have an idea of what this little Lutino (we've named him Wilson) is doing please? He is singing over and over, bowing his head down to his little friend (as yet no name whiteface), and lifting his wings up very slightly. I know he wants her to groom his head when he bends down like this. I think he is a fussy bird and Iv already fallen for him tbh.

They were not all kept with eachother so i just want to know they're happy. I would say they are bonding as they tend to be in the same places. no fighting or anything. they are flying freely atm as they dont seem to want to be in that cage and because they've never left it im reluctant to put them in it tbh bless them. 2 yrs sat in a cage must have seemed like a life time.

their ages range from 1.5 years to 2yrs but not 100%, they definitely are adults tho.

Thank you all very much.

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
new cockstiels

You rescued them from a cage in the snow? Wow, glad they didn't die! So glad you were able to save them. Yes, cockatiels do a lot of mutual preening. It is a good way to bond with them, too, if they'll let you give them "scritches." Enjoy your little friends!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts