Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told he was a pearl as a baby. But now he looks like a normal grey with some pearly. Ide love to know from some experts!

I have included two pictures, one where he is a bit damp is from today. And the one where he is on a play stand is from Christmas two years ago. He was about 5 months old there.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had this exact question about my Fawkes. :) The consensus was that he's indeed a pearl, which is what yours looks to be as well!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
He's definately a Pearl, you can see his pearls when he was 5 months and he looks like a normal grey now because he has lost his pearls during moults, but he is still a pearl :)

If you look at his back you might still be able to see some small white patches, those would be some ghost pearls like on Fawkes above.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
definitely pearl split pied whiteface, i agree :) the pearls at 5 months are indicative of a pearl, and male pearls moult out their pearls eventually!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my baby is a pearl! Nice! I'm still learning the color combos. We have nearly 50 babies at work and I like being able to tell the potential owners what the are.

·
Registered
883 Posts
A pearl that moulted out and I think split to pied and/or whiteface. Gotta love cockatiels and all the mutations!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts