Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my male cockatiel for the past 7 months with me and it has been the best thing ever happened to me 馃挀
We've been through our goods and bads, we've spent every day together, I've canceled SO many plans just so I can spend time with him, he gets upset when I'm not around, I take him out with me whenever I can, and a lot of other stuff you know.
Now because of the pandemic, everyone is home and we've been spending more time together and he's been spending more time with my parents as well and we're even more attached now. What worried me was that once my parents get back to work and I get back to university, my baby will have to stay alone at least until the afternoon so I thought of getting him a wife and I did but now I'm scared that he'll get away from me just focusing on his wife.

How has it been for you guys to get a partner for your birdie? what has changed?

Registered
A bird that is already tame and bonded to you will usually stay bonded when new flock members are added. But you will still need to pay some attention to the bird to maintain the bond.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
A bird that is already tame and bonded to you will usually stay bonded when new flock members are added. But you will still need to pay some attention to the bird to maintain the bond.
Doesn't seem like our relationship is maintained at all馃挃he doesn't stay with me anymore, whenever I get him to step on my finger the female whistles and then he flies back to her... I just ain't getting to spend time with him at all and the female is new at home so she won't come to me but that's understandable. But it hurts that someone that used to spend the whole day with me doesn't bother to stay with me for even a minute 馃槥

1 - 3 of 3 Posts