Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently got my 4 month old cockatiel and I’m not sure the gender of it yet due to the mutation of the bird. The man that sold me the cockatiel claimed it’s male but after looking through the internet I’m thinking other wise.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does you bird sing a lot? or Do yours do heat wing? At 4 months age, male will do heart wing very often. I think you have a white face also cinnamon pied ? It is very difficult to sex.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He doesn’t sing often I had him for a week now and he never sings. Also I don’t see him doing heart wings too. I seen him do the heart wings once or twice in the whole week his been with us.

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
It's too early to tell. All babies look like females until they have their first molt, which usually happens when they're about six months old. Males don't start singing for several months either. A bird that's in a new home will usually act very subdued at first (often for several weeks) because they're nervous and not sure that it's a safe place. Just wait a while and you'll eventually find out what the sex is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts