Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know any fun games I can play with Rocko I cant teach him to play fetch because he wouldnt even hold a ball in his beak all I really do with him is take care of him and spend time with him and teach him tricks but I would like to actually play with him.I got him a new toy one he can shred up its colourful and its made of wood and other wavy flat wood or something like paper and he likes that he only has two toys in his cage that he plays with but he never touched the line of colourful bells or his feathered parrot toy with bells.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Maybe he just doesn't like bells? I don't know, I never give my birds bells because they have small parts that they could swallow it they ever came loose or the bell gotta damaged.
Shredding toys are the best but you have to replace them all the time so it's a pain in the butt and wallet unless you make your own which I never have because for some reason finding decent bird safe stuff is harder than I thought it would be.
Can't really help with the games as I don't play games with mine. My girls just know kisses and the closest thing they do to a game is when they're in my face head butting my mouth for kisses and every time I move them away they think it is a huge game where they need to race back and head butt me harder but that's about it lol. Or you know the shoelace/draw strings on clothes like hoodies and track pants? I'll just move those around and they'll chase them and chew them or toss them around like they're cats or something. That's about it.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he just doesn't like bells? I don't know, I never give my birds bells because they have small parts that they could swallow it they ever came loose or the bell gotta damaged.
Shredding toys are the best but you have to replace them all the time so it's a pain in the butt and wallet unless you make your own which I never have because for some reason finding decent bird safe stuff is harder than I thought it would be.
Can't really help with the games as I don't play games with mine. My girls just know kisses and the closest thing they do to a game is when they're in my face head butting my mouth for kisses and every time I move them away they think it is a huge game where they need to race back and head butt me harder but that's about it lol. Or you know the shoelace/draw strings on clothes like hoodies and track pants? I'll just move those around and they'll chase them and chew them or toss them around like they're cats or something. That's about it.
He dosent try to destroy his new toy he just chews on it and they are very cheap and when im wearing hoodies he always plays with my Zip.

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I used to play hide and seek with Sunny but we haven't played it in a long time. I would go home and pretend I could not find her (although I knew exactly where she was standing). ;) I would pretend to look all over the place, opening drawers and doors and all, and I would keep calling her. She would try to clue me in with chirps but I would continue to pretend I could not find her. :D Finally she would lose patience and just jump on my head. Then I would act all surprised and relieved. You can try that with Rocko and see how he reacts? :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to play hide and seek with Sunny but we haven't played it in a long time. I would go home and pretend I could not find her (although I knew exactly where she was standing). ;) I would pretend to look all over the place, opening drawers and doors and all, and I would keep calling her. She would try to clue me in with chirps but I would continue to pretend I could not find her. :D Finally she would lose patience and just jump on my head. Then I would act all surprised and relieved. You can try that with Rocko and see how he reacts? :)
Lol I dont think Rocko would even know were playing a game and that also wouldnt be a game for him if hes not really doing anything and it wouldnt be fun for him just me I would like to play a game of fetch or something but he dosent even hold things in his beak for me to even teach him fetch.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Birds are not going to play games with you like that. Most birds will enjoy spending time with you and getting scritches. They enjoy playing with toys in their cage and may shred/play with a toy if you hold it for them. But they're not going to play fetch or other similar games. It's just not in their behavioral nature.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Birds are not going to play games with you like that. Most birds will enjoy spending time with you and getting scritches. They enjoy playing with toys in their cage and may shred/play with a toy if you hold it for them. But they're not going to play fetch or other similar games. It's just not in their behavioral nature.
Actually birds can play fetch

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They can be taught it as a trick. It is not a natural part of their behavior that they would initiate for their own enjoyment. If you've found a scientific source that says otherwise, I'd be very curious to see it. :)
Yes thats what im talking about.It would be fun to play fetch with him and he would enjoy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts