Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought it would be intresting to see what each on of your tiels' fear the most...what's that thing they're afraid of all the time.:rolleyes:

Ziggy...nothing I've discovered so far...

Baby...this is a long list. She runs to hide under my hair very often...:rolleyes:

The dryer (not the washer); I have no idea why but I cannot be anywhere near it or she will hide in my hair and start shaking...

Any cats; this is one is pretty normal

Feathers: yes, she's VERY afraid of feathers, esspecially her own feathers and will run like a jet from it...weirdo :confused:

Toys: any stuffed teddy bears- stuffed monkeys, ducks, bunnies, dolls three times her size are ok...anything but bears...

Those are just the basic ones. :) What are some of your's?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I have had Georgie now for 5 mnths and so far I have discovered nothing that she is afraid of unless you want to count Ollie :p
Ollie and Minnie so far nothing that I have seen, I don't think I have had Minnie long enough to know yet.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Seagulls. That's understandable really, they are so big. Dooby sits in the window and doesn't really bother much with the pigeons and magpies, but when a Seagull flies over he screams and flies straight to me for a cuddle. That isn't a problem, but...we live by the sea. We have lots of cuddles.

Also, he tends to flap around a bit when the phone rings.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bailee is scared of children and the females on mums side of the family. He takes off in flight whenever he sees grandma or mum. :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Feathers: yes, she's VERY afraid of feathers, esspecially her own feathers and will run like a jet from it...weirdo :confused:
Ummm, ok?! Strange tiel! :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ummm, ok?! Strange tiel! :p
It is REALLY strange...if a feather comes out or a little puff she runs to me and hides...I tried showing her once that it's hers and harmless..nope- still freaks out..I have NO idea why. Ziggy one the other hand always plays with his fallen feathers...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
. Ziggy one the other hand always plays with his fallen feathers...
Same here with my budgies, they fight over a flight feather, especially.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Baby would freak at a handpuppet too...lol..

Oh, I knew I forgot some...she doesn't care for vacuums but is terriefied of brooms...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Baby would freak at a handpuppet too...lol..

Oh, I knew I forgot some...she doesn't care for vacuums but is terriefied of brooms...
Now that you mention it I have noticed that when I vacuum around there cage with the little hand vac which is a couple times a day...lol I am usually down on the floor doing it and he chases the vacuum around...lol so I don't know if he is scared of it or just doesn't like it around :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that you mention it I have noticed that when I vacuum around there cage with the little hand vac which is a couple times a day...lol I am usually down on the floor doing it and he chases the vacuum around...lol so I don't know if he is scared of it or just doesn't like it around :p

haha:p too funny! Maybe he's in love with it like he is with everything else?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
haha:p too funny! Maybe he's in love with it like he is with everything else?
hehe....yeah your probably right never even thought of that:p poor thing just wants to be loved by everyone and everything, Minnie's quarantine is over tommorrow so maybe she will give him the love he is looking for :rolleyes: ....NOT....:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts