Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

What does your Cockatiel say?

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Plukie 
#1 ·
I'm sure you guys have done something like this before.... probably many times before, but here we go anyway.... :D

Boomer says "Hey Boomer" "Good night" "mornin" "Hey Birdie" blows kisses, meows and once I caught him bating my cat! She was on the bed watching (where she's "allowed" to watch) and he started meowing... then she crouched and stepped foreward, and he hissed at her! (That's what we do to say no to the kitties) so she laid down and flattened her ears. Then Boomer bated her some more. :rolleyes: Then I got mad at both of them! And of course he does the sexy cat whistle!

Birdie- well, she says nothing- though she's verbally abusive

Cousteau- this bird says nothing either, but likes to coo like a chicken hen!

Reno... oh gosh he's annoying. He does this noise that crows make... :mad: He also says "Reno! Reno! Reno's a pretty bird!" "Pretty Reno!" and of course does the sexy cat call whistle.

YOUR TURN! :D

#2 ·
So far Ollie has said his name, pretty boy and his newest Ollie pretty pretty boy he likes to add that second pretty in there to get his point across :D he has said I love you but I have only heard it twice now , he wolf whistles and does the andy griffith tune, he started saying something new in the last couple of days but we can't quite make it out yet and its driving me crazy :eek:

Minnie does the wolf whistle really well :D I acutally think she does it better then Ollie but thats about it for her.

Georgie is quiet

#3 ·
Spike can laugh, squeaky toy sound, swing sound, wolf whissel and come heres whissel and kiss sounds. The words he can say are nite nite, good nite, good bird, good boy, pretty bird, pretty boy, come here, Spike, right now, oh oh, peeka boo, what are you doing, I love you, gimme a kiss, kissses, see you later, Iam a pretty boy, scritches, I got to go to work, Hi baby, Icarus and do you want to go to bed. He is currently practising something else but I can't make it out yet. He says around 35 different words :D He talks so much that my budgie Icarus is learning new words from him :p

#4 ·
Baby is a girl and doesn't say much except the normal TWEEP when she wants something...Ziggy on the other hand ...GOD knows what he's saying. I've been teaching him hello and kisses- he got that so far. He also does kissing noises back to me, wolf whistles -the rest is mindless chatter I can't decipher!

#5 ·
I'm trying to teach Willow to wolf whistle. She has already learnt one type of whistle, I don't know how to explain it. It's two notes going down if that makes any sense. Simple, I know but she got it. If she does manage the wolf whistle, then I might start teaching her to say hello or something like that....:)

#6 ·
Bailee wolf whistles, "come here" whistles, as well as whistling Pop Goes The Weasel, the "into battle" charge whistle, part of the Harry Potter theme, and most recently he's almost got Jingle Bells. :D He also makes a smooch sound, beeps like my camera, tries to ring like the phone, and he can say Cookie. :p

#12 · (Edited)
:D I got Boomer on video talking. It's 2 videos actually. Of course you can't actually see him until the end of the 2nd video, because he won't talk if he sees the camera. And at the end- when he saw the camera, he got angry and started hissing. It's funny because Boomer isn't really a hisser! :D

Link one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL0a7vtWQ6E

Link 2....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdR7gXQlJHI

Last night it was so funny because he sat in the one corner where I wouldn't be able to see him from the sofa and he was blabbering up a storm... "Hey Boomer, BoomeeeeeeRRR meow meow, hi Birdie (gibber gibber gibber) Goodmorning hey, Hey Boom boom boooooooooomER meow Birdie (whistle whistle) Boom boom...." LMAO It was just the funniest thing I've ever heard him say! I've never heard him blabble so much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.