Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I woke up to this sound of my buddy in the morning and she was making this sound again and again, I responded quickly and tried to give her a head scratch and when I did that she calmly received it, when i stopped for a while the sound continued, in general I want to know what such sound Indicates? Is it a call? Also I would love to know a bit more about cockatiel sounds...
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1cge3uUk7M4

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Perhaps she was responding to the sound of the car horn? Is she in a location where she can see cars going past the window?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No she can not see the cars! When you tell me some other reason for this sound also tell me how should we respond to her sounds! A week ago we were so involved that one of the family members always reached near to her whenever she tried to say something, now a days we let her chirp happily and attend all other sounds! Should we let her make sounds except of those sounds with serious notes? Or continue to go close to her?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Sounds like a normal noise to me, try chirping back to her or talking to her in a soft voice, even whistling to her. They love vocal interaction! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts