Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cockatiel will sometimes rapidly move his mouth all over my hand and fingers like he’s biting (but it doesn’t hurt at all so he isn’t actually biting) and make a small squeaking sound. I thought he was telling me to leave him alone but when I move my hand away he follows it.
it’s usually during scritches. He really enjoys his scritches and I thought he was doing it because he had enough but he comes back for more?
I just want to make sure I understand what he’s communicating with me :)

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Yes, I'd say that's about a 95% probability that he wants more scratching and........also remember that MOST pet birds, cockatiels included feel with there tongue and beaks like we do with our fingers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I'd say that's about a 95% probability that he wants more scratching and........also remember that MOST pet birds, cockatiels included feel with there tongue and beaks like we do with our fingers.
He does feel around with his mouth all the time, he likes to gently nibble on fingernails because he likes the feeling of them. However, when he does this he rapidly moves his beak along my hand and looks as if he is trying to bite me but he never actually does. He makes little squeaks while he is doing it too. He sounds annoyed but when I move he just follows me. So I assume he isn’t angry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts