Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be nice to see what everyone says about it. For me I'd have to say EVERYTHING but if I had to pick it would be their intellect and love. I never realized how affectionate and smart they are. I LOVE my babies so much! :p They are so underestimated like most animals are...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
......smart........*mouth twitchs*.......smart.......*falls off chair laughing*

I like how dumb they are, it just makes them so funny to watch.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
......smart........*mouth twitchs*.......smart.......*falls off chair laughing*

I like how dumb they are, it just makes them so funny to watch.
Oh Bea! That's Bailee and Ziggy..and others (no names) but I mean otherwise..lol they are...smart. I know Baby learned alot and really quickly too. Things I didn't even teach her.:eek:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
LOL!!! I guess Cookie has been quite creative in her attempts to win over her pudgy budgie boyfriend Ozzie. I wonder if that is considered smart.

I think the thing i like best is Bailee's whistling. Me and dad were listening to him singing to the ladies in my room earlier today and suddenly he just turned the volume up to full and we were just rolling around laughing. It was just hilarious. He's such a major dork. :p

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The thing I like about cockatiels is their BEAUTIFUL feathers! :D I also love when they ask for scritches, and that they are smart aswell :)

:) Mainly Everything :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Even though I don't have one, my favorite thing about cockatiels is that they actually want scritches! I love cuddling up to my friends tiel! Plus they are so cute with their crest. How can you not like them?! :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I love all the love they give you, head stritches and all. I could sit down for hours stracting Willow's neck and cheeks. She makes me feel so much better after a long day with her sweet yet funny personality. When I do stop giving her head stritches she makes a little noise as if to say 'more, more!!'. In fact I love everything about tiels.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I love the way they can bite you and then blow you a kiss, pull your earrings and then say "being a good boy!". Almost pierce your lip and say "I love you!". Steal your dinner, biscuits, crisps etc. Throw seeds into your coffee cup, of course you don't know they've done that until you get to the very bottom! I love the way that they shake themselves, so that the dust and feathers fly everywhere. I love the constant practising to get a tune right. I love the way that housework takes three times as long with a tiel helping. I love the way they put their heads down for a scratch but then decide they don't want to be touched and would rather bite you instead.

Yep, pretty much everything about them really!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the way they can bite you and then blow you a kiss, pull your earrings and then say "being a good boy!". Almost pierce your lip and say "I love you!". Steal your dinner, biscuits, crisps etc. Throw seeds into your coffee cup, of course you don't know they've done that until you get to the very bottom! I love the way that they shake themselves, so that the dust and feathers fly everywhere. I love the constant practising to get a tune right. I love the way that housework takes three times as long with a tiel helping. I love the way they put their heads down for a scratch but then decide they don't want to be touched and would rather bite you instead.

Yep, pretty much everything about them really!
Funny answer :);)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I would have to say my favourite thing about tiels is how comical they are, we just get a kick out of watching them, especially Ollie watching him trying to court Pepper( our dog :p) is just the funniest thing I have ever seen :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I also like the way they blame you, by that I mean, I can be giving Dooby a cuddle or he'll be sat on my knee and he'll say "Don't bite!" Well, I can honestly say, I have never, ever bitten him in his life!!!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I also like the way they blame you, by that I mean, I can be giving Dooby a cuddle or he'll be sat on my knee and he'll say "Don't bite!" Well, I can honestly say, I have never, ever bitten him in his life!!!!
LOL!!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's nice (and funny) to see everyone's answers. Right now I have one on each shoulder...they're "preening me"...hmmmm

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am amazed by how friendly they can become. I love when I am all alone and have no one to talk to they will "answer" me when I talk to them. Oh and I love how smart they are. Mine can untie knots so their toys fall to the floor.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I love everything about them too but to be more specific I would say, I love it when they sit on on your shoulder and screech as loud as they can right in your ear, and then act as if they never said a word...or should I say peep:)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I love everything about them too but to be more specific I would say, I love it when they sit on on your shoulder and screech as loud as they can right in your ear, and then act as if they never said a word...or should I say peep:)
And then your ear is buzzing for the rest of the day! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts