Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....the tiel who has everything?

Answer: A holiday home!!

I've decided to kit out Dooby's old cage and keep it downstairs as a "holiday home" for him. When the weather is nice and we are out in the garden, I don't like to think of him on his own upstairs with just a DVD for company, so I thought if I do his original cage out for him, when we are out in the garden, he can go in that cage and either come in the garden or at least, sit and look out the window at us downstairs. lol.

Of course, there is always the problem of how I am going to get him into that cage when he won't go on my hands, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it....maybe one of his perches will do it.

:p:p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, he's been outside a couple of times, but his cage is so big it's a bit of a struggle getting it and the stand up and down the stairs, so I think this will be the best solution.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Sitting out in the sun a few times a week will make him healthier and even more handsome! ;) I need a smaller cage that's easy to carry out so my guys can get some sun, but it's harder when you need to take 7 of them outside! :lol:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Earl and Little Bill are outside right now! :) Answering to other birds, I just roll my cage outside, because it's downstairs. Lol! They love it! :lol:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well the one that you have just made is on wheels........wheel it out!! LOL. Or do you have stairs as well?
It won't fit out of my bedroom because of it's length. :p The budgies one is on wheel too, but we hardly have a porch outside and then we have a few steps, so if they're on the back porch we can't open and close the door.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i always trick stretch when i need him in the cage fast i just call my neighbour he goes to her then we just grab him once he is on her shoulder and put him in the cage i had stretch sparkles and shadow outside today boy was shadow loud my neighbour thought i was killing him

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats a great idea :D But what are you going to get him for his birthday now :p
Probably a red Ferrari. :p What else doesn't he have?
Listen to you two, anybody would think he was spoilt!!! ;)

It just goes to show though doesn't it, he gets loads of stuff, loads of love, all the attention and company a tiel can cope with, he gets talked to, whistled to, sung to, he has his freedom to come and go from his cage whenever he wants and yet...he still bites me!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
WHat??

Dooby doesn't have a Hi-Def TV? :eek: Oh the horror!!

And how can you make him suffer through Snow White on a little screen?

Mom, Dooby needs a 46" Flat Screen!! :excited::thumbu::clap:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts