Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. All is going very well with the babies I pulled yesterday. They are eating like champs and digesting thier food! I've been noticeing one of them appears to be considerably lighter than the others. These are right in the middle of the pack. I think I'm seeing a bunch of yellow feathers on this one baby. He has about 7 yellow crest feathers coming in. Some of the feathers on his belly appear to be yellow as well. Still many of the feathers look like a Cinnamon while others look kind of gray. The gal who gave these birds to me knew nothing about Cockatiels. Knew nothing about thier background. She had described The Mother as pale gray but she is a Cinnamon. The Father appears to be a common Gray but she also said she knew of one other baby they had and said it was pale and speckled. Cinnamon Pearl perhaps? So What do you think guys? Shall we have a guess about what this baby is going to be? I'm posting pics of him with a sibling (note the difference in the color of the feet) and a couple of the subject bird. One super close up.
This is after a feeding but before the cleanup.
Vertebrate Bird Parrot Cockatiel Beak

Vertebrate Parrot Bird Beak Adaptation

Feather Wing Fur

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
color wise it looks normal grey - i do see some yellowing - maybe it's going to be a Pearl?

I'll have to go through mine to see if i can see the pearl markings on my normal pearls when they were this young - because i can't remember :blush:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The one in my post is 14 days old. It looks a lot like that to me! Is that your Cinnamon Pearl? Here is a closeup of my little pale face. This is what looks so different from her siblings. I'm saying her now as I am hoping it is a Pearl. If it is it's a girl. Vertebrate Bird Cockatiel Parrot Parakeet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.